The Model RS extinguisher has been designed to meet or exceed all sanctioning body requirements. The discharge head is machined from billet aluminum and is designed to be actuated by pull cable, push cable or push knob. The picture above shows the system with optional push knob activation. The Model RS can be activated by a combination of activation methods without changing the extinguisher head. The extinguisher is capable of accepting up to three separate discharge lines that allow installation flexibility currently not found in racing fire extinguishers. With the unique Safecraft swivel head, you can mount the extinguisher cylinder in the desired location and then swivel the head to install the discharge lines and activation cables or knobs. The aluminum high-pressure cylinder is U.S. and Canadian DOT approved and is capable of being refilled by an authorized distributor. Model RS extinguishers are available in 5, 10 and 20 pound Halon capacity. 5, 10 and 20 pound Halon extinguishers are available in brushed or polished finish cylinders.
Safecraft designed these extinguishers using the same materials and techniques that they put into their aircraft fire extinguishers for over 20 years. Because of Safecraft's extensive involvement in aircraft fire protection systems for both commercial and military aircraft, the Halon is recycled to the original military specification and confirmed by an independent laboratory. This assures you that each extinguisher is the highest quality with outstanding dependability.
Model RS extinguishers are available separately for existing installations or in kits that include all installation hardware.
What is Included:
- Universal 5 way operating head machined from billet aluminum.
- Activation by pull cable. Activation by push cable, push knob, or a combination of any of these is available at additional cost by special order.
- Activation method can be changed without purchasing a new extinguisher.
- Swivel discharge head for ease of plumbing and cable connections.
- High pressure U.S. DOT and Transport Canada approved cylinders in 5, 10, & 20 pound Halon capacities.
- Three outlet ports - Driver, Fuel Cell and Engine
Special Order Options:
- This system comes with: 10-pound Halon 1301 brushed aluminum cylinder, 10-feet of aluminum tubing, pull cable release, 3 discharge nozzles, mounting brackets, decals.
- Halon 1211, FE36
- High polish buffed cylinder.
- Extra Plumbing, fittings and nozzles.
- Second Activation Cable, Push Knob Activation, Push Cable Activation.
- Machined billet mounting clamps.
- Spare filled cylinders.
- Installation and plumbing design assistance.
- We recommend shipping by ground transportation, but if you are in a hurry, we will ship by air. There is a $100 surcharge for HAZMAT fees and extra shipping costs.
These options are available by special order; contact us for the correct part number to order.
- FRS5: 13.6/4.4 inches
- FRS10: 17.4/5.2 inches
- FRS20: 19.9/6.9 inches